OUR STORY > back to hotel
The story of the Patrician villa began in 1939 when it was built for a wealthy engineer who then sold it to the Franciscan friars of Assisi. In 1970, it was given to the current owners, who restructured the villa into a private residence with all of the accoutrements of a luxury hotel.
The owners decided to name the hotel after the English poet, George Gordon Noel Byron, who, during a visit to Rome, was fascinated by the area in which the property is located.
Over the years, the hotel has hosted many prestigious guests, including politicians, government officials, diplomats, athletes, and International personalities who choose Hotel Lord Byron for its utmost discretion, privacy, and prestige.